These districts have experienced a significant demographic influx due to illegal Muslim immigration from Bangladesh and a high Muslim growth rate. Due to this illegal Muslim immigration, Hindus have been fleeing.
Murshidabad once had 55% Hindus & 44% Muslims (1872 census). Migration from Bangladesh changed demographics to Muslim majority (66% in 2011).
1. Bhagabangola seat is a part of the Murshidabad district bordering Bangladesh. No Hindu won this seat since 1971.
In 2021, they elected Idris Ali responsible for 2007 riots. Idris Ali was arrested in the 2007 Park Circus Kolkata riots. He incited riots and targeted Hindu localities when Taslima Nasreen came to Kolkata. Today he wins this seat. Ironically, no Hindu even contested. Even BJP fielded a Muslim ex CPM candidate. This is the same district that witnessed the brutal murders of the RSS worker and his family. The case was hurriedly declared an unrelated property feud by the ruling state administration. The same ruling state party withdrew riot charges against Idris Ali & gave him a ticket.
2. Raninagar is another seat in the Murshidabad district. No Hindu candidate ever won in Raninagar.
No Hindu candidate even contested the seat in this election. Even after BJP fielded a Muslim candidate, it could hardly get 10% of the votes in the 2021 elections. Abdul Soumik Hossain of Trinamool won in 2021.
3. Hariharpara is another constituency in Murshidabad. This place and its district administration celebrated independence with Pakistani flags in 1947. No Hindu has ever won this seat. Naimot Sheikh of TMC comfortably won in 2021.
4. Jalangi is another seat in Murshidabad. No Hindu has ever won this seat since 1972.
There was a huge influx of illegal immigrants here since independence. Abdur Razzak, a former CPI(M) member, contested this seat from TMC and won this seat in 2021.
5. Domkal is another seat in the Murshidabad district. No Hindu has ever won this seat.
Even after BJP fielded a Muslim candidate, it could hardly get 5% of the votes. No Hindu has contested this seat. In the 2021 assembly election Jafikul Islam of TMC won comfortably.
“Muslim population share increased from 55% to 66% but Hindus decreased from 44% to 33%” according to Murshidabad census 2011. But there is something the district census does not tell us. With the decrease in population share, the Hindus are experiencing complete political marginalization.
Malda is another district bordering Bangladesh. This district witnessed huge illegal immigration from Bangladesh. The Muslim population increased from 36% in 1961 to 51% in 2011. Hindu population share decreased from 63% to 48%. Malda is now a Muslim majority district. The voting pattern in Malda is the same.
6. Sujapur is a seat in Malda. No Hindu won this seat since 1962.
There has been illegal immigration from Bangladesh & demographic change. No Hindu contested in 2021. Even as BJP fielded a Muslim candidate in 2021, they could hardly poll 6% of votes.
7. Harischandrapur is another seat in the Malda district. There has been a migration of Hindus out of this place. The Hindu population here has decreased to 31% now. In 2021, Tajmul Hossain of TMC won this seat. In the 2021 elections, Even BJP fielded a Muslim candidate who eventually lost.
8. Malatipur in Malda is another seat that has witnessed huge illegal immigration. The Muslim population in this assembly division has increased to 72%. Abdur Rahim Boxi of TMC, who openly declared that his party flood West Bengal with Rohingyas, won this seat. Owaisi's party MIM contested this seat in 2021. Some people on social media claimed that this was a “secret chess masterstroke” by BJP to divide Muslim votes. But Owaisi's party was not able to win even 1% of votes in a Muslim majority seat. The Muslim voter is not a fool.
In Murshidabad, last November, 11 Al Qaeda terrorists were arrested by NIA. In February 2021, NIA decided to press charges against 11 “residents” of Murshidabad for their alleged involvement in creation of “ Al Qaeda Cell” in the district.
A Hindu man was beheaded by the order of a sharia court in Murshidabad because he fell in love with and married a Muslim girl. The Hindu man fell in love with a Muslim girl and married her. They also had a child. He concealed his identity as “Munnawar Shaikh”. But he was summoned to Sharia court. He was questioned and his identity was discovered. He was ordered to be beheaded.